2 C Sifted Flour
1 tsp Ground Cloves
3 tsp Baking Soda
1 C Sugar
1/4 C Molasses
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 C Butter
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1. Sift flour with salt, cloves, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda.
2. Cream butter till light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar. Blend in egg and molasses.
3. Stir in flour mixture till well blended.
4. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. roll in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350F on ungreased cookie sheet. Let stand.