6 medium Potatoes
3 TBSP Butter
1 1/2 Lbs Round Steak or 2 cups chopped cooked Roast Beef
3 Onions chopped
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
3 Garlic Cloves crushed
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
28oz can Tomatoes, drained and chopped
250g pkg Cream Cheese
3 TBSP Butter
2 TBSP Milk
Freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Cook unpeeled Potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 30 min.
2. Meanwhile, grease a 12 x 8 inch casserold dish and set aside.
3. Melt 2 TBSP Butter in large frying pan. Cut steaks into 1/4 inch slices, then into bite size pieces. Add to butter in pan.
Saute over medium heat, stirring often, until meat loses its red colour.Rremove with slotted spoon to a seperate plate.
4. Drain fat from pan. Add remaining one TBSP Butter, Onions, Gingerroot and Garlic to pan. Saute over low heat until onions
are soft. Stir in 3/4 tsp Salt, Cayenne and Tomatoes. Bring to Boil.
5. Return Steak to pan along with any juiced that collects on plate. Stir together until blended. Cover and simmer 15 min.
or until almost tender. Then uncover and boil vigorously, stirring frequently, to reduce excess liquid. (If using Roast Beef,
simly stir into Tomato mixture and heat through.) Then turn into prepared casserole dish and spread to cover the bottom. Set
6. When potatoes are tender, drain and peel and cut into quarters. Mash. Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to Potatoes.
Then, beat with mixer till fairly smooth. Add 2 TBSP Butter, milk, 1/2 tsp Salt and Black Pepper. Continue beating till light
and fluffy. Smooth over tomato-beef mixture. Dot with 1 TBSP butter.
7. Bake uncovered, in preheated 350F oven for 30 min.
8. Sprinkle with chopped Parsley and serve.